What Personal Information Does TeePee Games display or Collect?
The information we gather from users enables us to personalize and improve our services, and to allow our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Website. In connection with the Website, we request and display some personal information to other users and visitors of the Website, which allows users to identify each other.
We collect the following types of information from our users.
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on the Website or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected include:
- Profile: Username; email; password; gender; birthday; some email settings; avatar pic;
- Your Social Networking Information: information collected from social networks to which you belong (e.g. Facebook; Twitter; etc.) in accordance with your providing us with your credentials and permission; or information posted to any such social networks through your TeePee account.
You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as keeping a high score record, responding to your requests for certain information, products and services, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new features. You may modify or remove any of your personal information at any time by logging into your account and accessing features to edit your profile and account information.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with the Website or obtain services from us, including, but not limited to the following:
- Game playing data: While you are logged into your TeePee Games account, we keep track of the games you play; when you played them; the sites where you played them; and general game activity including in-game communications.
TeePee automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, TeePee cookie information, and the page you requested. We also record the details of your transactions on the Website.
Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. TeePee only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of the Website so that we can make the Website appealing to as many users as possible. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and the Website, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Again, TeePee never discloses aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
We may receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from TeePee if your computer supports this type of program. TeePee uses this confirmation to help us make e-mails more interesting and helpful.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. TeePee cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
Will TeePee Games Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control:
- We anticipate that we may become affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses may operate stores at the Website or sell items to you through the Website. In other situations, TeePee may provide services, or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share user information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business.
- We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples include sending email, analyzing data, and providing user services. Unless we tell you differently, TeePee's agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
- User profiles:
- User profile information including users' TeePee ID may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Website. Users' full names will not be directly revealed to other users by TeePee. Any information you post to public areas (such as forums) will be generally publicly available and associated with your TeePee ID.
- Promotional Offers:
- We may send offers to certain users on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address. If you do not wish to receive these offers, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "Unsubscribe Request".
- Business Transfers:
- In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if TeePee, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that TeePee goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquiror of TeePee may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
- Protection of TeePee Games and Others:
- With Your Consent:
- Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be given the option to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your TeePee account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need ensure unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
TeePee endeavors to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, however, TeePee cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. For additional information about the security measures TeePee uses in connection with the Website, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post information to public areas on the Website or any other public forums, such information can be accessed by the public.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
TeePee allows you to access the information about yourself in your profile for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information. You may login to your profile to access your personal information at any time.
What Other Choices Do I Have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain TeePee features.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the "What Personal Information Can I Access" section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deactivation of your account and deletion of personally identifiable information in your TeePee account by sending an e-mail to our webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "Deletion Request." Please note that when your personally identifiable information is deleted we no longer have the availability to send you information or payments. Additionally, some of your information may remain in our records after deactivation of your account.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at the Website, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com